Search

 

Friday, July 15, 2011

Vintage Shoe Obsession

I have a love for vintage shoes. This obsession started when I was younger and my mother showed me a pair of 'blue suede shoes' that she wore when she was a young lady. She carefully took them out of the closet and told me that those shoes were just like the Elvis song. I was amazed. Not only were they beautiful shoes that my beautiful mother wore long ago, but they were also associated with a song!



My mother gave those shoes to me a while ago. I'll show you those shoes some other time, in another post, but for right now I want to share my fairly recent find.






I bought a pair of vintage Ferragamo's from '1 of a Find' vintage shop (633 Vanderbilt Ave) in Brooklyn. I have small feet so vintage shoe shopping is fun for me. I saw these shoes and put them on my feet. They looked and felt perfect. The amazing staff at the store asked in amazement, "those fit you? You are so lucky!"



No comments: